Friday, June 12, 2009

Duplicity


So last night, a friend and I scored free tickets to the movie premier of Duplicity, starring Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Now I use the term “scored” loosely, the way one might “score” a case of the chicken pox or a traffic ticket. To say the movie was boring would be an understatement. I must admit that before we went I wasn’t in that big a hurry to witness this massacre, but I thought I would make the most out of a free movie.

From minute one, I was confused and as the movie wore on, it got worse. Now sure it’s one of those movies that is entirely confusing and in the end, everything is tied together – if you can make it to the end. I sent a text message to my friend asking if we could leave, but he – not wanting to waste a chance at watching a movie free – wasn’t ready just yet. Even a trip to the restroom couldn’t clear my head. The return walk down the theatre to my seat left me feeling queasy.

If there was one lesson learned last night, it was to always go with your gut.

Well friends, I hope this didn’t ruin your plans this weekend. If it did, you’ll thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment